Hey Everyone! In today’s post i want to talk to you a bit about the year i had in 2018. This year moved by fast and it seems like every year before that has been going just as fast. This year, in particular, has been a year for the books for myself. Many things happened that will forever and has forever changed my life.
- 2018 was my final year at university alhamdulilah. I was beyond anxious of what the outcome this year would be and i am pleased with the result. I learnt that with effort and dedication, things, whatever they may be will happen.
- 2018 i landed an internship. I was lucky enough to get an internship at a successful company. An internship opens the doors for many opportunities and this has been one of my plans for when i graduate. I started my internship while still studying, through my final exams and managed to cope. the biggest lesson for me was prioritizing my time.
- 2018 is the year I got engaged. I never dreamed of my wedding day or my wedding dress but i always wanted a family and husband (cringe lol). I was lucky enough to meet someone i can picture myself with forever. Although some might say we are young, we have been so blessed to have things fall into place. if you have been reading my blog you would know how i feel about getting married young. if you didnt see it, you can check it out here Marriage for the young
- in 2018 I got closer to my religion, not in a physical sense but consciously. I can feel myself thinking about the importance of Islam in my life more and more. I try to learn whenever and wherever i can.
- In 2018 i learnt to understand myself more, i am very flawed and i am trying to work on the things i am not pleased with. I have a long way to go but i want to try. So far, i understand what i need to do in order to get to where i want to be.
- In 2018 i discovered what i would like to do with my life on an individual level. i will share that at a later stage when i am confident and comfortable (or you can search my blog to find an old post that says all of this). Being your own person is so important and at first i didn’t get the full concept of it but i am learning that i need to be happy first in order to be happy with other people.
Personally the biggest challenge i overcame was being myself. I always thought i was doing just that but there was always some unrealistic standard i was trying to live by or someone i was trying to please. When i am being myself i focus a little less on the lives of others. So in doing this i stopped seeing how truly blessed i am.
I hope you enjoyed this post and feel free to let me know about your biggest 2018 accomplishments!